The Bengal Aerotropolis airport at Andal near Durgapur gets its second routr connectivity when Air India announced its new shuttle route from Andal to Hyderabad from February 16th onwards
- This will be the second route for the airline as well as the airport.
- Air India operates the only flight from Andal thrice a week to Delhi.
- New flight to the southern india will improve the connectivity to the Industrial hubs of Durgapur and Burdwan region.
- Much touted Bengal Aerotropolis, holding company of Andal Airport,slowly attracting industry within its premises.
- This new flight is a red Eye flight operating in the late night hours two ways, utilising the aircraft optimally.